The Department of Geography came into existence with the establishment of this college in 1955. Right from the beginning the department was lucky to have eminent geographers like Dr. Magsiudan Singh, Dr. Qambar Rizvi, Dr. S.C. Sharma, Dr. R. C. Srivastava, Dr. M. D. Shukla, Dr. S. C. Khargwal, Dr. D. N. Tripathi, Dr. Amar Singh, Dr. R. B. Chaturvedi, Dr. O. P. Mishra & Dr. G. S. Pathak in the department. Dr. O. P. Mishra later on became principal of the college. The department has guided more than 40 Ph.D. scholars. It also has received grant from U.G.C. in the form of major & minor research project numbering more than 10. The department has successfully organized two national seminars.
The department started post-graduation courses from year 1972 with emphasis on Physical, Human & Regional Geography. Presently the department is functioning under the able guidance of Prof. S. N. Singh. He is being assisted by permanent faculty member Prof. Rekha Vishwakarma , Sri Azahruddin, Dr. Anuj Singh, Sri. Vineet Kumar & guest faculties Dr. Shishtpal Singh, Sri. Dharamveer Singh & Smt. Pratichi Singh.